Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andy Kriger <an...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/11 17:44:02 UTC

commercial monitoring tools

I'm interested in people's experiences with commerical monitoring
tools and Tomcat. I found one called ManageEngine that looks
interesting - has anyone used that specifically? Are there open-source
tools (e.g. Nagios - which I have no experience with) that can do the
job just as well (including and especially an easy to use website for
displaying monitoring info)?

I'm interesting in coming with something that will let me track
Tomcat's performance/behavior such that I can isolate what causes it
to occasionally hang-up (no info in the logs) or run out of memory. If
anyone has already looked into these things and come up with a decent
solution please share.

Thank you
andy kriger