Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ryan Adams <ra...@vitessi.com> on 2000/11/28 19:27:54 UTC

Apache::Request Under Win32?

Excuse me if this is a ridiculous question, but is there any way
to install Apache::Request on a Windows box without VC++?

This is the output from 'perl Makefile.PL' for libapreq:

Warning: Guessing NAME [c] from current directory name.
Usage: xsubpp [-v] [-C++] [-except] [-prototypes] [-noversioncheck]
[-nolinenumb
ers] [-nooptimize] [-noinout] [-noargtypes] [-s pattern] [-typemap
typemap]... f
ile.xs
Writing Makefile for c
Writing Makefile for Apache::Request
Writing Makefile for Apache::Cookie
Writing Makefile for libapreq

When I do an 'nmake install' it gives me a couple of lines like:

Too many parameters - &&

And then seems to go on without a problem, but I try to 'use
Apache::Request();'
and it can't find it in @INC.

Does anybody have explicit instructions or prequisites for installing this?

Thanks in advance.

Ryan Adams

PS - I'm not actually trying to use Windows for production mod_perl,
but I want to be able to develop mod_perl stuff for the production
linux box from my laptop when I'm out of the office...

Ryan Adams                  radams@vitessi.com
Vitessi Motorsports, Inc.      www.vitessi.com
Voice: 740/362-9254          Fax: 740/362-0354

Re: Apache::Request Under Win32?

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Ryan Adams wrote:

> Excuse me if this is a ridiculous question, but is there any way
> to install Apache::Request on a Windows box without VC++?
[ ... ]

Hi,
    No - it requires a C compiler ... Even with VC++, though,
some changes to the distribution are needed to get it to compile;
if you're interested, drop me a note off-line, and I'll send
you the patches I used. However, if you're just interested in trying
it out, I made up a libapreq ppm package for use with
ActivePerl (builds 6xx) - you can get it from
   http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/

best regards,
randy kobes