Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by sriram <rs...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/31 10:06:30 UTC

Hbase bulk insert.

Currently i am inserting a large set of values from reducer to hbase using
TableMapReduceUtil.I have only 1 reducer. But after 60% completion of reduce
phase it throws the following error

Error: unable to create new native thread
Only 8200 values are inserted remaining lakhs of datas are not inserted and the
job failed.Any ideas or solutions.?????

Re: Hbase bulk insert.

Posted by Dhaval Makawana <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sriram,

You can use bulk upload utility to insert massive data in HBase.
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/hbase/bulk-loads.html

There is an alternative I use in my application where I had to insert large
amount of data from map-reduce job. I use async hbase client(
https://github.com/stumbleupon/asynchbase) instead of HTable(which I suppose
TableMapReduceUtil will internally be using) and found async client quite
faster.

Regards,
Dhaval

Re: Hbase bulk insert.