Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sh <s....@uni-jena.de> on 2012/11/06 09:01:40 UTC

null when using HttpSolrServer

Good day,

I recently moved to solrj 3.6.1. As the CommonsHttpSolrServer class is deprecated in that version I migrated to HttpSolrServer. But now tika does not generate the stream_size field correctly, it is saying in the result response for an arbitrary jpeg file <str name="stream_size">null</str>. Is there any known way to fix that?

The extract handler is defined as:

   solrconfig.xml

   <requestHandler name="/update/extract" class="solr.extraction.ExtractingRequestHandler">
     <lst name="defaults">
       <str name="lowernames">true</str>
       <str name="fmap.owner">file_owner</str>
       <str name="fmap.path">file_path</str>
     </lst>
   </requestHandler>

  the field in schema.xml looks like that:

  <field name="stream_size" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="false" />

Kind regards,

Silvio