Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Martin Taal <mt...@springsite.com> on 2005/06/02 18:12:00 UTC

OJB, JDO2 and apache jdo project (and jpox)

Hi,
I have a question, what is the future of jdo support in ojb in relation
to the jdo2 spec and the apache jdo project (http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/)?

In a post (20 March 2005) to this mailing list from Brian McCallister he
says the following:

OJB's JDO implementation is more proof-of-concept than
production-usable. A good open source JDO implementation is JPOX (
http://www.jpox.org/ ). Before long there should be an Apache JDO (
http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/ )project which can use OJB as the O/R
Mapping backend.
<<

Brian says that apache jdo can use ojb as the backend. Is this indeed
the current idea of the apache jdo project and if so what timeframe
should I think of?

Thanks for any clarifications on this.

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite
Barchman Wuytierslaan 72b
3818 LK Amersfoort
tel: +31 (0)33 462 02 07
fax: +31 (0)33 463 77 12
Mobile: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
email: mtaal@springsite.com
web: www.springsite.com

Re: OJB, JDO2 and apache jdo project (and jpox)

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
> I have a question, what is the future of jdo support in ojb in relation
> to the jdo2 spec and the apache jdo project (http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/)?

(I had hoped that Brian would answer this question ...)

I think it is safe to say that the Apache JDO implementation will
support OJB as its persistence base (as well as others, e.g.
Geronimo's CMP). But you also might want to ask at the Apache JDO dev
list.

Tom

Re: OJB, JDO2 and apache jdo project (and jpox)

Posted by Martin Taal <mt...@springsite.com>.
Okay, Brian/Thomas thanks for your response.

gr. Martin

Brian McCallister wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2005, at 12:12 PM, Martin Taal wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have a question, what is the future of jdo support in ojb in
>> relation to the jdo2 spec and the apache jdo project (http://
>> wiki.apache.org/jdo/)?
>>
>> In a post (20 March 2005) to this mailing list from Brian  McCallister
>> he says the following:
>> >>
>> OJB's JDO implementation is more proof-of-concept than production-
>> usable. A good open source JDO implementation is JPOX ( http://
>> www.jpox.org/ ). Before long there should be an Apache JDO ( http://
>> wiki.apache.org/jdo/ )project which can use OJB as the O/R Mapping
>> backend.
>> <<
>>
>> Brian says that apache jdo can use ojb as the backend. Is this  indeed
>> the current idea of the apache jdo project and if so what  timeframe
>> should I think of?
>

> The Apache JDO project ( jdo-dev-subscribe@db.apache.org ) is going.
> The priority, right now, is finishing the JDO 2.0 TCK rather than the
> implementation (which will need to wait until final JDO 2.0 spec
> (close) and the TCK to be completed (to verify that it passes!)).
>
> The JDO 1.0.X RI codebase has been imported to the ASF subversion
> repository, and we could build up the OJB - JDO 1.0 plugin to be
> beefier, except that I think the general concensus is that JDO 2.0 is
> so much better than 1.0 that we may as well just build towards that.
>
> I still recommend JPOX if you need an open source JDO implementation
> (though I've not had a chance to use the now open-sourced Versant  one,
> it may be very nice, I dunno). JPOX doesn't provide the range of
> databases, or all of the flexibility of OJB, but it does do
> a compliant JDO =)
>
> -Brian
>
>> Thanks for any clarifications on this.
>>
>> --
>>
>> With Regards, Martin Taal
>>
>> Springsite
>> Barchman Wuytierslaan 72b
>> 3818 LK Amersfoort
>> tel: +31 (0)33 462 02 07
>> fax: +31 (0)33 463 77 12
>> Mobile: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
>> email: mtaal@springsite.com
>> web: www.springsite.com

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite
Barchman Wuytierslaan 72b
3818 LK Amersfoort
tel: +31 (0)33 462 02 07
fax: +31 (0)33 463 77 12
Mobile: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
email: mtaal@springsite.com
web: www.springsite.com

query issue (join)

Posted by nwbr <nw...@terra.com.br>.

Hi,

I have the model listed bellow(at end of mail), and I'm having some
problem to do a query. I wanna list the projects of some spefic user,
where the project name (field "project") contains (for sample) the word
"ojb".

I tried to use a criteria, some like that:

         Criteria c = new Criteria();
         c.addEqualsTo( "\"SIM_USERPROJECT\".fkuser", user.getPkUser()
);
         c.addLike("project","%ojb%");

         Query q = QueryFactory.newQuery( Project.class, c, true );
         it = broker.getIteratorByQuery( q );

This make some like cartesian-product and return all projects. I tried
to add the ON clause, like "c.addEqualsTo("\"SIM_USERPROJECT\".fkuser,
"\"SIM_USER\".pkuser);" and
"c.addEqualsTo("\"SIM_ USERPROJECT \".fkproject,
"\"SIM_PROJECT\".pkproject);" but it didn't work.

The website http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/query.html#joins
contains one similar sample and I'm not understanding what is wrong.

Thank u

Arivan

The model used:

<!-- USER -->
<class-descriptor class="br.com.simage.models.User"
table='"SIM_USUARIO"'>
    <field-descriptor name="name" column=" name" jdbc-type="VARCHAR"
length="50"></field-descriptor>
    <field-descriptor name="pkUser"  column=" pkuser "  jdbc-
type="INTEGER" primarykey="true" autoincrement="true"
sequence-        name="seq_user"></field-descriptor>

  <collection-descriptor
     name="projects"
     collection-
class="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.collections.ManageableArrayList"
     element-class-ref="br.com.simage.models.Project"
             orderby="project"
             sort="ASC"
     auto-retrieve="true"
     auto-update="true"
     indirection-table='"SIM_USERPROJETCT"'>
     <fk-pointing-to-this-class column="fkUser"/>
     <fk-pointing-to-element-class column="fkPoject"/>
  </collection-descriptor></class-descriptor>

<!-- PROJECT -->
<class-descriptor class="br.com.simage.models.Project"
table='"SIM_PROJECT"'>
    <field-descriptor name="project" column="project"
jdbc-type="VARCHAR" length="250"></field-descriptor>
   <field-descriptor name="pkProject"  column="pkproject"
jdbc-type="INTEGER" primarykey="true" autoincrement="true"
sequence-name="seq_project"></field-descriptor>
            <collection-descriptor
                        name="users"
                        collection-
class="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.collections.ManageableArrayList"
                        element-class-ref="br.com.simage.models.User"
                        orderby="nome"
                        sort="ASC"
                        indirection-table='"SIM_USERPROJECT"'>
                        <fk-pointing-to-this-class column="fkProject"/>
                        <fk-pointing-to-element-class column="fkUser"/>
            </collection-descriptor>
</class-descriptor>

Re: OJB, JDO2 and apache jdo project (and jpox)

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.