Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Paolo Viotti <pa...@eurecom.fr> on 2014/06/25 11:43:06 UTC

Rackspace Cloudfiles UK provider and region Ids

Hello,

I'm having some difficulties in setting the right provider and region
Ids using the Rackspace blobstore.
Specifically, I'm using Cloudfiles UK, jClouds 1.7.3, and when I run the
UploadObjects test included this example
<https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/tree/master/rackspace>
project I get this kind of exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: region
IAD not in []
     at
com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(Preconditions.java:120)
     at
org.jclouds.openstack.swift.v1.blobstore.RegionScopedBlobStoreContext.checkRegionId(RegionScopedBlobStoreContext.java:105)
     at
org.jclouds.openstack.swift.v1.blobstore.RegionScopedBlobStoreContext.blobStoreInRegion(RegionScopedBlobStoreContext.java:75)
     at
org.jclouds.examples.rackspace.cloudfiles.UploadObjects.<init>(UploadObjects.java:78)
     at
org.jclouds.examples.rackspace.cloudfiles.UploadObjects.main(UploadObjects.java:60)

So it seems like there is not region configured.
Before running it, I changed the provider Id to "rackspace-cloudfiles-uk".
Any idea about what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Paolo

Re: Rackspace Cloudfiles UK provider and region Ids

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
On Jun 27, 2014, at 5:41 AM, Paolo Viotti <pa...@eurecom.fr> wrote:

> So in that case, my question would be: can users with US accounts access the UK Cloud Files service?

Sorry, no. You need to sign up for a UK account at https://buyonline.rackspace.co.uk/

HTH,
Everett

Re: Rackspace Cloudfiles UK provider and region Ids

Posted by Paolo Viotti <pa...@eurecom.fr>.
Hi Everett,

thanks for the workaround.
Apparently it's not sufficient as I still got the same error - here
<https://gist.github.com/pviotti/0a29e1c07ed3dbea12a0> is the new log.
Right now I can't recall which site I used for signing up.. but it may
have been the US one since in fact with "rackspace-cloudfiles-us" is
working.
So in that case, my question would be: can users with US accounts access
the UK Cloud Files service?

Thanks,
Paolo

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
Ah ha! Thank you so much for sending the log file. You’ve uncovered a bug.

The defaultEndpoint in the CloudFilesUKProviderMetadata is wrong. It’s "https://identity.api.rackspacecloud.com/v2.0/“ but it should be "https://lon.identity.api.rackspacecloud.com/v2.0/“.

On Jun 26, 2014, at 3:03 AM, Paolo Viotti <pa...@eurecom.fr>> wrote:

[...]

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: region LON not in []

Posted by Paolo Viotti <pa...@eurecom.fr>.
Thanks Everett,

Posted by Paolo Viotti <pa...@eurecom.fr>.
Thanks for the reply.

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure if this is going to solve it, but isn't it
-Djclouds.region=LON ?

--
Sent from my Android phone

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.