Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Semih Tolga DEMİR <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/25 16:14:41 UTC

Management IP Estimating

Hi,

I will design my environment.
My environment :ACS 4.8, and there are 4 C Class Public IPs with simple
network.

But I have a question about Management IP. How many Management IP, I need
to manage this environment? Do you have any idea?

Thanks,
Tolga Demir

Re: Management IP Estimating

Posted by Semih Tolga DEMİR <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for replies @Prashant, @Ilya,

Tolga Demir

Posted by Prashant Mishra <pr...@accelerite.com>.

Posted by Semih Tolga DEMİR <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Prashant,

Posted by Prashant Mishra <pr...@accelerite.com>.
1-2 IP for system vms ( ssvm+ cpvm), if you are not planning to spin more
than one system vm per zone
2-1 IP for router VM
3-And for each account one VR needed (in case of isolated n/w)

Plan accordingly

Thanks
prashant

On 3/26/16, 4:17 AM, "ilya" <il...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Depends on the type of setup you do and hypervisors you use.
>
>If you would be deploying private cloud with *Advanced Shared ZoneU,
>with what you proposed, assuming you are a vmware shop, you need at
>least 7, i'd do 10-15 to be safe for future growth.
>For KVM(and possibly XEN), it should be fairly low - as we are proxing
>through hypervisors. 5 IPs would be enough.
>
>I'd say, set aside upto 10 IPs for Management and you should be covered
>with some growths.
>
>Regards
>ilya
>

>On 3/25/16 8:14 AM, Semih Tolga DEMİR wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I will design my environment.
>> My environment :ACS 4.8, and there are 4 C Class Public IPs with simple
>> network.
>>
>> But I have a question about Management IP. How many Management IP, I
>>need
>> to manage this environment? Do you have any idea?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tolga Demir

DISCLAIMER

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.