Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Balázs Varga <bb...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/09 06:46:11 UTC

setting config-dir when export

Hi,

I'm trying to export lot's of files from my repository, but not all as
usual, so I thought if I make a copy from my existing config
directory, and change the global-ignore in the config file in the new
directory ( put some more exceptions ) I can reach my goal, but not.
:( specialy I tryed to skip whole directories, but it's not working
for files too. What's wrong? the command syntax looks like this:

svn export --force --config-dir c:\neconfdir file:///c:/repository/src/trunk .

Thanks,
Balazs

Re: setting config-dir when export

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Oct 9, 2008, at 02:06, Balázs Varga wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Oct 9, 2008, at 01:46, Balázs Varga wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to export lot's of files from my repository, but not
>>> all as
>>> usual, so I thought if I make a copy from my existing config
>>> directory, and change the global-ignore in the config file in the
>>> new
>>> directory ( put some more exceptions ) I can reach my goal, but not.
>>> :( specialy I tryed to skip whole directories, but it's not working
>>> for files too. What's wrong? the command syntax looks like this:
>>>
>>> svn export --force --config-dir c:\neconfdir
>>> file:///c:/repository/src/trunk .
>>
>> The "ignore" feature does not apply to "export". It only applies
>> to "add"
>> and "status".
>
> Thanks Ryan,
>
> So than, is there any way to skip some files when exporting, or is it
> impossible?
>
> Best,
> Balazs

You may want to look into the "--depth" argument to "svn export". It
is available as of Subversion 1.5.0.

P.S: Please remember to Reply All so your reply goes to the list too,
not just to me.

Re: setting config-dir when export

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.