Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Thibaut Barrère <th...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/06 15:04:03 UTC

Does log4net start its own thread ?

Hi,

while trying to put a name on all (numerous) threads in an application
for better diagnostic, I realized that log4net appears to start its
own thread (for all internal work I suppose). I could not find any
trace of that in the documentation / faq / lists, so I maybe wrong
(code below).

Does log4net start a thread on the first LogManager.GetLogger call ?

If it is, it appears that its Name property is not set. This is not
critical but would be helpful to have it named "Log4Net" and easy to
do. What do you think ?

best regards

Thibaut Barrère

using System;
using System.Threading;

using log4net;

namespace ThreadsEnum
{
	class ThreadTest
	{
		[STAThread]
		static void Main(string[] args)
		{
			Thread.CurrentThread.Name="MainThread";
			ILog log = LogManager.GetLogger(typeof(ThreadTest));
			Console.WriteLine("See how many threads we have by setting a
breakpoint here.");
		}
	}
}