Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Gavin Henry <gh...@perl.me.uk> on 2005/03/01 17:34:57 UTC

defaulting to index.pl

Dear all,

I have been reading http://perl.apache.org and http://modperlbook.org/

and I understand the Apache::Registry parts of the docs, i.e. enabling say
/perl/ for an alias etc.

But, all I want to do is stick a index.pl in the main root directory and
go from there.

I know this is done with the <Files></Files> parameter, but it's confusing
the  out of me.

I want to get rid of all my php stuff, and with php, you just stick in a
index.php and start coding.

Can you point me to the right place to read?

Thanks.

--
Just getting into the best language ever...
Fancy a yourname@perl.me.uk? Just ask!!!

Re: defaulting to index.pl

Posted by Gavin Henry <gh...@perl.me.uk>.
<quote who="Chris Croome">
> Hi
>
> On Tue 01-Mar-2005 at 04:34:57PM -0000, Gavin Henry wrote:
>>
>> I have been reading http://perl.apache.org and
>> http://modperlbook.org/
>>
>> and I understand the Apache::Registry parts of the docs, i.e.
>> enabling say /perl/ for an alias etc.
>>
>> But, all I want to do is stick a index.pl in the main root
>> directory and go from there.
>>
>> I know this is done with the <Files></Files> parameter, but it's
>> confusing the  out of me.
>
> You need to tell apache which file to serve as a directory index:
>
>   DirectoryIndex index.pl
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryindex
>
> And also you need to enable scripts, I'd use a <Directory> directive
> something like this if I were you:
>
>   DocumentRoot /var/www/html
>   <Directory /var/www/html>
>     AllowOverride None