Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2011/05/20 15:37:06 UTC

Ordering of tests in testsuite runs

Some of you might have noticed, that the tests run by the test suite are
no longer executed in sorted (alphabetical) order.

AFAIKS this is due to some changes in Apache::TestSort which happened
during the refactoring related to SMOKE tests in January.

The tests are now by default executed in random order. Although that in
itself might be better for finding problems, it makes comparing output
more difficult. I would prefer to stick with the previous sort order in
our defaults and possibly document (if not done) how to use random order.

Please comment, if you are not OK with that. I will proceed with a fix
and either commit (as far as our code can be fixed) or suggest to the
people maintaining the Apache::TestXXX perl modules.

Regards,

Rainer