Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Hamdi THABET <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/03 19:35:33 UTC

SMTP installation on localhost ? need tutorial

Can someone help me with the SMTP configuration ?
I followed this tutorial about mercury under Xampp : http://www.youtube
com/watch?v=zO2p3uX9poY and I used OpenDNS
And I also test with the smtp.googlemail.com but I can't receive mails from
my localhost server.

I can't install the nullmailer under my Win7 x64
http://www.download32.com/nullmailer-d78657.html

And I didn't find any documentation about SMTP installation and
configuration, in different issues they are talking about fixing
MailHandler.java".

http://groups.google
com/group/openmeetings-user/browse_thread/thread/3da37c7bc0780c93

Sebastian :
it can send also without authentification if you set user/pass to an empty
string there will be no auth. That is the usual configuration to send it
via localhost.

Re: SMTP installation on localhost ? need tutorial

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
And again ... to debug your mail server auth problem or whatever error you
should log at your LOGFILE :)))

Sebastian

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hamdi,