Posted to api@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/23 09:23:35 UTC

LDAP API 1.0 status

Hi guys,

a quick update on what's going on:  there is not much change in the
current code, beside a few modifications done in the Ldap

- Relaxed the Filter parser to allow spaces to be present when it's not
ambiguous (like '(  &  (...' is now accepted)

- The PersistentSearch codec was buggy

- Added a isSecured() metod in the LdapNetworkConnection class

- Made it so every operation connect to the ldap server if it's not
already connected. This is important for people wanting to apply an
operation over an anonymous connection

- Fixed the TrustmanagerFactory

- Added a LdapNetworkConnection that takes a TrustManager as a
parameter, to allow users to create a SSL connection immediately

- Made ApacheDS working with the API (it was broken for quite some time)

Some effort has been put on teh API documentation - thanks to Shawn for
the proof reading - but there is stilla  lot to do. I'm currently
working on the Security pages
(http://directory.staging.apache.org/api/user-guide/5-ldap-security.html
and the associated pages). My current focus is on SASL, the SSL and
StartTLS pages are complete - well, unless we have something to add ;-)...

Feel free to review them !

TODO before 1.0 :

We need to improve the Trustmanagerfactory to check the server's
certificate by default, currently we don't check anything, this is not
good. Stefan already mailed about the issue.

Many thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Re: LDAP API 1.0 status

Posted by Radovan Semancik <ra...@evolveum.com>.
Hi,

This looks like a nice development. Thanks. I'll test it with my
multi-LDAP testbed. But it will take a week or two until I get to that.

--
Radovan Semancik
Software Architect

Re: LDAP API 1.0 status

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
> On Jan 23, 2017, at 3:23 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Some effort has been put on teh API documentation - thanks to Shawn for
> the proof reading - but there is stilla  lot to do. I'm currently
> working on the Security pages
> (http://directory.staging.apache.org/api/user-guide/5-ldap-security.html
> and the associated pages). My current focus is on SASL, the SSL and
> StartTLS pages are complete - well, unless we have something to add ;-)...
>

> Feel free to review them !

Out of town this week but will try to get to making another pass next week.