Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by matteotartara <ma...@par-tec.it> on 2017/04/18 13:17:16 UTC

Problem with RDP(initial-program)

 Hi,

I would configure my Guacamole to connect to my server Centos 7 (linux), but
i have a problem.

When i configure my connection to the server, i set the Basic Settings under
the Initial program the full path of my application, example (/ usr / bin /
firefox), and the Italian Keyboard layout (QWERTY).

After that i try to connect to the linux server, but i have a problem.

When i try to connect to the specific program do not start, for example i
would like to start only Firefox when i start a RDP connection.
If i try to connect without the initial program Guacamole works perfectly.

Can you help me?
Can you send me the specific configuration to set the initial program?

Thank in advanced
Best Regards

Re: Problem with RDP(initial-program)

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 3:38 AM, matteotartara
<ma...@par-tec.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> If i try to connect to server (linux) with a simple rdp with Guacamole it
> works, but if i use rdp with initial program option it does not work.

Please try to reproduce this with a different RDP client, such as
rdesktop. If you can confirm that the problem occurs with such a
client, then that establishes that the problem is not specific to
Guacamole, but is either a bug in XRDP or something which XRDP does
not support.

> In this case i use only xrdp on my linux server, and i see that the initial
> program does not work.
> How can i resolve this problem?
>

> *********************************************LOG OF THE
> SERVER********************************************************
> Apr 19 12:37:54 centos kernel: *firefox*[12373]: segfault at 0 ip
> 00007fa16e7014e0 sp 00007ffdb5b6ce18 error 4 in
> libxul.so[7fa16dd5b000+3fbc000]
> Apr 19 12:37:54 centos abrt-hook-ccpp: Process 12373 (firefox) of user 0
> killed by SIGSEGV - dumping core

If specifying "firefox" for the initial program while connecting to
XRDP causes Firefox to segfault, that suggests:

1) XRDP does indeed support specifying the initial program (it
wouldn't be running Firefox for you at all, otherwise)
2) Something is going wrong within Firefox that causes it to crash

Since it is Firefox that is crashing here, I don't think there is
anything you can do but report this upstream to the Firefox
developers. If Firefox isn't a requirement, it may be worth checking
whether you have better luck with another browser.

- Mike

Re: Problem with RDP(initial-program)

Posted by matteotartara <ma...@par-tec.it>.
SCREEN OUTPUT

<http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/n804/test.png>

Re: Problem with RDP(initial-program)

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 8:56 AM, matteotartara
<ma...@par-tec.it> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> yes in this case i have xrdp server on my destination server....
>
> If i try to connect only with rdp it's work, but if i try rdp with initial
> program setting does not work.

To clarify, are you saying that you've now tried this with a native
RDP client like rdesktop, and can confirm that XRDP does not support
the initial program setting?

Re: Problem with RDP(initial-program)

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 6:17 AM, matteotartara
<ma...@par-tec.it> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> I would configure my Guacamole to connect to my server Centos 7 (linux), but
> i have a problem.
>
> When i configure my connection to the server, i set the Basic Settings under
> the Initial program the full path of my application, example (/ usr / bin /
> firefox), and the Italian Keyboard layout (QWERTY).

Is the RDP server in this case XRDP?

I'm not sure if XRDP supports specifying the initial program in this
way. Can you confirm whether you see the same behavior using a native
RDP client like rdesktop?

- Mike