Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nomaka.fr> on 2014/06/23 10:44:38 UTC

UOM conversion OOTB

Hi all,

I'm trying to use UOM conversion.
My exemple is : the supplier sales a raw material by unit (coil) that
contains 45 meters of adhesive paper.
I want to buy it by coil. Store and sale it by meter.

I tried this example :
https://www.mail-archive.com/user@ofbiz.apache.org/msg25571.html
But I'm unable to see automatic conversion during reception (OOTB).

I followed many thread about this case but no one is solved... Is
anybody could confirm that it's not possible in OOTB and/or have a
solution for this case ?

Thank you,

Julien NICOLAS.

Re: UOM conversion OOTB

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julien,

Thanks.

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: UOM conversion OOTB

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nomaka.fr>.
Hi all,

We have finally decided to develop an automatic converter based on the
uomConversion table.

I have open a new Jira (OFBIZ-5672
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5672>) to follow it and
keep the community informed about the developpement.

Regards,

Julien.

Re: UOM conversion OOTB

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: UOM conversion OOTB

Re: UOM conversion OOTB

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nomaka.fr>.
Hi Pierre,

Thank you for suggestions, we are following several ways to find the
best solution for this issue.
I keep the community informed about the solution we'll finally use. In
case of somebody need it.

Regards,

Julien.

Julien NICOLAS
Intégration ERP/GPAO/MES Apache-OFBiz
Nomaka SAS
	Mobile : 06.66.98.39.53
Bureau : 02.85.52.30.55
Courriel : julien.nicolas@nomaka.fr <ma...@nomaka.fr>

Re: UOM conversion OOTB

Re: UOM conversion OOTB

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Julien,

In your first posting you stated that the supplier sells it per coil and
that your customer resells it per meter. In your second posting you stated
that it is a manufactured product.

Does your customer manufacture it as well, or does he use it in a
manufacturing process?

Apart from that, your customer will have:

   - unused (new) coils, supplied by the supplier - to be used in the
   manufacturing process of your customer and for sales
   - used coils, with less than the original quantity - to be used in the
   manufacturing process of your customer and for sales

As far as I can tell, there is functionality available in current feature
set that will display inventory (items) of a product in a facility
converted into various quantityUomIds.

Re: UOM conversion OOTB

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nomaka.fr>.
Hi Pierre,

Thanks for your help !
My answers below.

Julien.

Le 23/06/2014 12:04, Pierre Smits a écrit :
> Hi Julien,
>
> We came across the same issue.
>
> In general, when you want to order a product your PO should reflect what
> your supplier needs for easy processing and avoidance of ambiguity.
>
> So, in your PO you want the supplier unit (coil) and the supplier price per
> unit.
Yes

> In your warehouse you would preferably want to have it the same, as this is
> easiest for stock-taking moments. Counting coils is easier than meters in
> your case.
Not exactly. In this case we want to follow coil AND meters.
Because it's a manufactured product. If the finished product need 12
meters of adhesive paper, and you have 2 coils of 7 meters, you have to
buy one more coil to produce it.
So we need to know how many meters are in stock and how many meters by
coil (we will use serialization for this part).
We also use the bom produced by the configuration. RM quantity is
managed by meter.

The final need of our customer is to know how many meters are available
in stock and what is the length available on each coil.

Re: UOM conversion OOTB