Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org> on 2012/01/02 23:18:56 UTC

Re: Experiences with transitive dependencies in buildr

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Michael Guymon
<mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, did not even think of that. That makes a good argument for using a dsl
> with the lock file, something along the lines of:

I still really like the idea of a yml file because it is much easier
to process in other programs. At one stage I was managing the
dependencies externally and I have also played around with patching
the yml file to achieve something similar to what the gump project
used to do. I am not sure if this functionality would no longer be
required if buildr had better dependency management.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald