Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anumodh Sreedharan <An...@infosys.com> on 2007/09/26 07:47:10 UTC

Error while trying to use original wsdl in Axis2 1.3

Hi,
I'm trying to create a web service using an already available wsdl using Axis2 1.3. I've set useOriginalwsdl to true in the services.xml. But, when I try to access the wsdl after deployment I get an error as follows:
<error>
  <description>Unable to generate WSDL 1.1 for this service</description>
  <reason>If you wish Axis2 to automatically generate the WSDL 1.1, then please +set useOriginalwsdl as false in your services.xml</reason>
  </error>

I've attached the build file and the wsdl along with this mail.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Anumodh K.S.

Re: Java 1.4.x compatibilty

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
While I might not be the best person to comment on this, I got the
list by looking at the following section of the pom.xml[1] file. This
part was much more straight forward in maven1 (Oh... I really miss the
maven1 build).

<profile>
			<id>java15</id>
			<activation>
				<jdk>1.5</jdk>
			</activation>
			<modules>
				<module>modules/jaxbri</module>
				<module>modules/metadata</module>
				<module>modules/saaj-api</module>
				<module>modules/saaj</module>
                <module>modules/jws-api</module>
				<module>modules/jaxws-api</module>
				<module>modules/jaxws</module>
				<module>modules/clustering</module>
			</modules>

SAAJ new version 1.3 [2] introduced this dependency on JDK 1.5.. AFAIK
Axis2 does not ship jaxp, which is necessary for SAAJ to run on jdk
1.4..

But to my surprise I see the compile and source target set to jdk 1.3
in the SAAJ pom.xml... Must be a mistake...

thanks,
Thilina
[1]http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/pom.xml
[2]https://saaj.dev.java.net/overview.html

RE: Java 1.4.x compatibilty

Re: Java 1.4.x compatibilty

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

Java 1.4.x compatibilty

Posted by Shalab Goel <sh...@oracle.com>.
Hello,

I have a Axis2 client running against .NET web service that consumes and generates a stream via two separate operations.

I am using Axis 2 1.2 version for client development using ADB.

Is it possible to run this client in the Java SDK 1.4.x environment? Previously, I believe there have been discussions on this forum that only 1.5 is supported.

I will appreciate any feedback or response to my Qs below:

RE: Error while trying to use original wsdl in Axis2 1.3

Posted by "Bhatra, Junaid" <jb...@rsasecurity.com>.
It might be because your WSDL appears invalid. Remove the
part="getWeatherService" attribute from <mime:content> and try again.

- Junaid

Ensure the name in the services.xml file matches the name in the WSDL.
Case matters!

In services.xml:
<service name="MyService">

In WSDL: