Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "McClung, Brian" <br...@belointeractive.com> on 2001/09/25 19:46:39 UTC

Single form made from multiple form objects

I have a form that combines elements from mulitple form elements, some of
which are represented as vectors within the main form.  When I try to access
some of the getters that are nested within the main form struts is not
building the get reference correctly.  Has anyone tried to do this?  Does
anyone have a suggestion of how to accomplish it?  See the example below for
a more detailed description:

ActionForm Registration
includes:
ActionForm User
Vector of ActionForm Question
Vector of ActionForm Answer

Registration.jsp is passed Registration form, but needs to pull the answer
for a particular Answer, ie ((AnswerForm) vector[index]).elementName

the elemenName should be referenced by the appropriate get and set syntax,
but so far I have been unable to figure out the appropriate mechanism for
getting it parsed correctly.

Thanks for any help!

Brian McClung
Belo Interactive