Posted to user@struts.apache.org by micael <ca...@harbornet.com> on 2002/08/20 19:49:21 UTC

RE: separating status messages and error messages-Getting the des ign right.

I don't understand the need for the

boolean err = false;
if(ae!= null) { err = true; }

in the code below.  Why not use merely:

<%
ActionErrors ae = (ActionErrors)request.getAttribute(Action.ERROR_KEY);
%>

Then, wherever you want something to occur on the page:

<%
if(ae == null ? true : false) {
%>
     [whatever]
<%
}
%>

I am only asking in case there is something that is useful in your code,
Mark, that I am missing.  The difference is not huge, obviously.