Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Gianluca <gb...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/07 22:23:06 UTC

[ANN] JOSSO (Java Open Single Sign-On) support added for Geronimo

Apache Geronimo J2EE server 2.0 is now officially supported by JOSSO 1.6 for
both Single Sign-On Agent and Gateway deployments.

For detailed technical guidelines on how to setup JOSSO with Apache Geronimo
see : http://www.josso.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2359317

A pre-configured Apache Geronimo instance and the JOSSO dependencies
snapshot are available for download here :
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=116854&package_id=129496

Re: [ANN] JOSSO (Java Open Single Sign-On) support added for Geronimo

Posted by Gianluca <gb...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Kevan,

Thanks for your feedback.

Implementing JOSSO as a Geronimo plugin would certainly provide a much
out-of-the-box experience to the user, by atomizing, hiding and automating
several currently manual (and potentially error-prone) deployment
procedures.

We actually preferred to take advantage of the Catalina compatibility
supplied with Geronimo for plugging in JOSSO as-is, in order to avoid
spanning the development and maintenance of a new container-specific plugin.

Enhancing the JOSSO-Geronimo integration will be something that we'll
probably be considering in an upcoming release.

Thanks and keep the good work going!

Gianluca.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.