Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2021/09/04 01:30:52 UTC

[VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.6 (RC0) is available

Please vote on this Apache hbase release candidate,
hbase-2.4.6RC0

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache hbase 2.4.6

The tag to be voted on is 2.4.6RC0:

  https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.4.6RC0

This tag currently points to git reference 7374d396c2.

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.4.6RC0/

The API compatibility report can be found at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.4.6RC0/api_compare_2.4.5_to_2.4.6RC0.html

There are no reported compatibility issues.

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1464/

Artifacts were signed with the code signing key 0xD5365CCD which can be
found in:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

Some pre-flight checks were made prior to release candidate generation,
including unit test execution. Some flaky tests were found, see
HBASE-26254.

To learn more about Apache hbase, please see

  http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.6 (RC0) is available

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
TestTableMapReduceUtil has been fixed by HBASE-26272. It should be a test
issue, so not a blocker of a release.

Thanks Shinya Yoshida for the quick fix.

Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> 于2021年9月10日周五 上午5:21写道:

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
+0

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
+1

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_251): ok
 - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_251): ok

Posted by Pankaj Kumar <pa...@apache.org>.
+1 (Non-binding)

* Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_282): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check -D hadoop.profile=3.0
        * Built from source (1.8.0_282): ok
         - mvn clean install -D hadoop.profile=3.0 -DskipTests
        * Unit tests pass (1.8.0_282): ok
         - mvn package -P runSmallTests -D hadoop.profile=3.0
-Dsurefire.rerunFailingTestsCount=3

* Installed a single node cluster and exercised basic client operations
through HBase shell.
* Checked HMaster and RegionServers WEB UI. LGTM.

Regards,
Pankaj

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_301): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
        * Built from source (1.8.0_301): ok

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1(binding)

Fwd: [RESULT] [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.6 (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
It seems I may have sent this one to myself.