Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by user 01 <us...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/29 22:12:01 UTC

Anyone using Astyanax in production besides Netflix itself?

What version of Astyanax(thrift based impl. or beta Java driver one?) are
you using ?
With what cassandra version ?

Would you still recommend Astyanax at this point when DS Java Driver is
out?
My intentions are to use Astyanax over thrift based impl for now, & later
switch to Astyanax over Java driver(when it gets stable) rather than java
driver directly, as I have now got more used to thrift & Astyanax can help
me write my queries programatically instead of CQL statements, & take care
of preparing queries or sanitizing them, etc. So Would you still recommend
Astyanax ?

Re: Anyone using Astyanax in production besides Netflix itself?

Posted by Jacob Rhoden <ja...@me.com>.
Not long ago a vote was organised to get the developers to agree to stop work on the thrift API. New Cassandra features from this point are intended only for CQL. You probably want to make the effort to switch to CQL now rather than later.

______________________________
Sent from iPhone

Posted by Jeremy Powell <je...@gmail.com>.
My team uses astyanax for 3 different c* clusters in production. we're on
c* 1.2.xx. works well for our requirements - we don't use cql, mostly just
time series data.

But cutting this short, most people who ask about astyanax get redirected
to their user group (
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/astyanax-cassandra-client) - it
might be best to get the info you're looking for from there - even though
there is probably a large number of overlapping followers

Posted by user 01 <us...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tupshin Harper <tu...@tupshin.com>.
While Astyanax 2.0 is still beta,  I think you will find it provides a very
good migration path from the 1.0 thrift based version to the 2.0 native
driver version.  Well worth considering if you like the Astyanax API and
functionality.  I know of multiple DataStax customers planning on using it.

-Tupshin