Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Siva VP <si...@synergy-infotech.com> on 2005/03/03 05:45:59 UTC

Fundemental General Newbie Question

Hi,

What is the difference between Architecture , Design & Framework can anyone define these three things in J2EE context

Thanks & Regards,
siva

Re: Fundemental General Newbie Question

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Siva VP <sivak <at> synergy-infotech.com> writes:

> What is the difference between Architecture , Design & Framework can anyone
define these three things in
> J2EE context

Architecture is a decision that is hard to change. For example, if you use
Java for the project, it is part of the architecture because it is hard
to change over to say C# later.

Design is the act to choose among alternatives or to come up with new
ones to achieve a certain purpose. For example, there are different ways
to name a class or different places to put a certain logic, we need to
choose one.

Framework is a set of classes that work together as a whole and
usually using a Framework we may need to implement interfaces or
subclass classes provided by the Framework. For example, Tapestry
and Struts are frameworks.