Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by angelwine <da...@shq.gouv.qc.ca> on 2020/03/25 15:23:39 UTC

CAS Authentication Behind Apache Proxy not Working

Hi,

we have Guacamole 1.1.0
jdbc mysql authentication and CAS authentication.

if i acces my guacamole sever directly by
http://123.123.123.123:8080/guacamole/
all goes right:
1. Redirect to CAS Login Page
2. After good Credential,
2. Grant Access , select the connexion from mysqdl database , I'm happy

if a access my proxy Server by: http://pxyhost.org/guacamole/
1. i received error like:
An error has occurred and this action cannot be completed. If the problem
persists, please notify your system administrator or check your system logs.

My proxy setup work when i replace CAS auth by HeaderAuthentication !!!!!

Do you have some idea!

Regards

Re: CAS Authentication Behind Apache Proxy not Working

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 4:25 PM angelwine <da...@shq.gouv.qc.ca>
wrote:

> I finally found what was wrong.
>
> I have to add ProxyErrorOverride Off in my Location directive like this
>
>    <Location /guacamole/>
>       Order allow,deny
>       Allow from all
>       *ProxyErrorOverride Off*
>       ProxyPass  http://rpx/guacamole/  flushpackets=on
>       ProxyPassReverse http://rpx/guacamole/
>    </Location>
>
> Because the 403 return by guacamole, contains json information, needed by
> application to continu authentication process.
> And if you have mod_security on your httpd proxy dont make any action on
> RESPONSE_STATUS 403 like redirect !
>
> Sorry for the disturb.

No disturbance at all!  Thank you for posting back your solution - these
things will help other people in the future!

-Nick

Re: CAS Authentication Behind Apache Proxy not Working

Posted by angelwine <da...@shq.gouv.qc.ca>.
I finally found what was wrong.

I have to add ProxyErrorOverride Off in my Location directive like this

   <Location /guacamole/>
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
      *ProxyErrorOverride Off*
      ProxyPass  http://rpx/guacamole/  flushpackets=on
      ProxyPassReverse http://rpx/guacamole/
   </Location>

Because the 403 return by guacamole, contains json information, needed by
application to continu authentication process.
And if you have mod_security on your httpd proxy dont make any action on
RESPONSE_STATUS 403 like redirect !

Sorry for the disturb.

-----
Daniel Langevin