Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/04/21 05:55:42 UTC

various copies of DTDs within Cocoon

A few weeks ago someone committed changes to
src/documentation/xdocs/dtd/document-v10.dtd
However please remember that there are two copies
of the DTDs ...
src/webapp/resources/entities/ is used by entity resolver
and src/documentation/xdocs/dtd/ is a historic set.

Until they are rationalised into one set (which can happen
now that the Cocoon entity resolver is stable) we need
to keep the copies in sync. There are even other copies
of the DTDs at webapp/tutorial/ and webapp/samples/tutorial/
... very confusing.

I do not have time to attend to this for a while, so i just
added a task to todo.xml. Basically, we need to rely on
the catalog entity resolver and remove the copies at
src/documentation/xdocs/dtd/ etc.

This does raise some issues though. When we rely on
the entity resolver, then it becomes core functionality
(build docs would fail without it). At the moment, entity
resolver is not listed as core.

-- David Crossley