Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ph...@free.fr on 2015/03/11 14:38:02 UTC

Creating a directory resource in solr-jetty

Hello,

does anyone if it is possible to create a directory resource in the solr-jetty configuration files?

In Tomcat 8, you can do the following:

                <PostResources
                        className="org.apache.catalina.webresources.DirResourceSet"
                        base="/mnt/archive_pdf/PDF/IHT"
                        webAppMount="/arcpdf0"
                />

many thanks.

Philippe

Re: Creating a directory resource in solr-jetty

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 3/12/2015 8:17 AM, phiroc@free.fr wrote:
> here is the Jetty Mailing List's reply concerning my question.
>
> Unfortunately, this solution won't work with SOLR Jetty, because its version is < 9.

The trunk branch of the Solr source code (version 6.0 development) is
already running Jetty 9.2.9.  I have seen two committers say that 5.1
will be upgraded to Jetty 9 as well, though this needs to happen very
soon, or it won't make the cutoff and may get pushed back to 5.2.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Creating a directory resource in solr-jetty

Posted by ph...@free.fr.

Hi Shawn,

here is the Jetty Mailing List's reply concerning my question.

Unfortunately, this solution won't work with SOLR Jetty, because its version is < 9.

Philippe

Just ensure you don't have a /WEB-INF/ directory, and you can use this on Jetty 9.2.9+

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE Configure PUBLIC "-//Jetty//Configure//EN" "http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/configure_9_0.dtd">

<Configure class="org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext">
  <Set name="contextPath">/example</Set>
  <Set name="war">/mnt/iiiparnex01_pdf/PDF/III/</Set>
</Configure>

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Philippe de Rochambeau <ph...@free.fr>.
Any suggestions?