Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eus <so...@member.fsf.org> on 2007/02/22 14:39:50 UTC

Maven1's repo is more up-to-date than Maven2's repo? (missing jars in Maven2's repo)

Hi Ho!

Why the public repository for Maven2 (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/) does
not contain all jars exists in the public repository for Maven1
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven/)?
For example, in the Maven1's repo you can get maven-xdoclet-plugin-1.2.3.jar
in http://repo1.maven.org/maven/xdoclet/plugins/, but you cannot get it in
the Maven2's repo in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/xdoclet/maven-xdoclet-plugin/ because the
latest version there is 1.2.
My hypothesis is that many developers still actively using Maven1 so that
they deploy the most current version of their work to the Maven1's repo.
Is that true? If it is true, then there are people (or, better, machines)
whose duty is to copy and modify jars in the Maven1's repo to the Maven2's
repo, right?

Thank you very much for your explanation.

Re: Maven1's repo is more up-to-date than Maven2's repo? (missing jars in Maven2's repo)

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <kh...@ku.edu>.
Isn't XDoclet an orphaned project? Are people still developing it? -K

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 22 Feb 07, at 12:08 PM 22 Feb 07, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

> you are talking about a maven 1 plugin. M1 plugins don't work with m2,
> that's why is not in the maven2 repository

They need to be as we're eventually going to serve everything from
the m2 repository. So they need to be there. A mod_proxied request
will go to the m2 repository and it may very well need m1 plugins.

Jason.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
you are talking about a maven 1 plugin. M1 plugins don't work with m2,
that's why is not in the maven2 repository

On 2/22/07, Eus <so...@member.fsf.org> wrote:

> Hi Ho!
>
> Why the public repository for Maven2 (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/) does
> not contain all jars exists in the public repository for Maven1
> (http://repo1.maven.org/maven/)?
> For example, in the Maven1's repo you can get maven-xdoclet-plugin-1.2.3.jar
> in http://repo1.maven.org/maven/xdoclet/plugins/, but you cannot get it in
> the Maven2's repo in
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/xdoclet/maven-xdoclet-plugin/ because the
> latest version there is 1.2.
> My hypothesis is that many developers still actively using Maven1 so that
> they deploy the most current version of their work to the Maven1's repo.
> Is that true? If it is true, then there are people (or, better, machines)
> whose duty is to copy and modify jars in the Maven1's repo to the Maven2's
> repo, right?
>
> Thank you very much for your explanation.

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride