Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID> on 2018/08/11 22:46:47 UTC

[imaging] Move from Java7 to Java8

Hi all,

Since Sanselan became Commons Imaging, some work has been done, but there was never an official release.

The project is using Java7, and I would like to update it to use Java 8. Any objections?

My plan is to just update to Java8 now and prepare the 1.0 release vote. Then slowly add Java 8 improvements over the 1.x releases, and perhaps even add support to Java 9 before a 2.x if possible.

Thanks
Bruno

Re: [imaging] Move from Java7 to Java8

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Keep in mind the option of releasing an alpha or beta version first to
allow for API changes...

Gary

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018, 03:12 Bruno P. Kinoshita

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>.
Oh, sounds reasonable.

Posted by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net>.
Hi Bruno,