Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2014/02/13 16:43:12 UTC

[VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 11.04.04

This is the vote thread to release the fourth release for the 11.04 branch. This bug fix release, "Apache OFBiz 11.04.04" (major release number: "11.04"; minor release number: "04"), will supersede the release "Apache OFBiz 11.04.03".

The release files can be downloaded from here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ofbiz/

(committers only) or from here:

http://people.apache.org/~jacopoc/dist/

(everyone else)

and are:

* apache-ofbiz-11.04.04.zip: the release package, based on the 11.04 branch at revision 1567869 (latest as of now)
* KEYS: text file with keys
* apache-ofbiz-11.04.04.zip.asc: the detached signature file
* apache-ofbiz-11.04.04.zip.md5, apache-ofbiz-10.04.04.zip.sha: hashes

Please download and test the zip file and its signatures (for instructions on testing the signatures see http://www.apache.org/info/verification.html): it would be really useful if, when you cast your vote, you specify if (and how) you have tested the release.

Vote:

[ +1] release as Apache OFBiz 11.04.04
[ -1] do not release

This vote will be closed in 72 hours.
For more details about this process please read http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

The following text is quoted from the above url:
"Votes on whether a package is ready to be released use majority approval -- i.e. at least three PMC members must vote affirmatively for release, and there must be more positive than negative votes. Releases may not be vetoed. Generally the community will cancel the release vote if anyone identifies serious problems, but in most cases the ultimate decision, lies with the individual serving as release manager."

Kind Regards,

Jacopo

Re: [VOTE] [RELEASE] Apache OFBiz 11.04.04

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
-1

Issues OFBIZ-4130 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4130> and
OFBIZ-5319 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5319> have not been
resolved, though a patch has been provided. Given the implications for
multi-tenancy usage I recommend against releasing this.

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+0

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1

Jacopo

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Ashish

On Thursday, February 13, 2014, Jacopo Cappellato <

Posted by Medhat AbdelBadie <me...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards,
Medhat

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Jacopo Cappellato <

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1

The only good reasons to delay a minor release is for cases of regression or issues with the keys.

Regards
Scott