Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Sriveena Mattaparthi <Sr...@ekaplus.com> on 2020/04/21 19:14:41 UTC

Ignite -Option to close the open files

Hi,

Ignite server in preproduction and production are going down with too many open files error.

Caused by: java.nio.file.FileSystemException: /opt/apache-ignite-fabric-2.5.0-bin/work/db/node00-94e4310a-f450-4bbc-acfd-f84ab29a158c/cache-SQL_PUBLIC_x/part-185.bin: Too many open files

Based on the suggestion given in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-11783, we have increased the limit.

But recently again after increasing the limit to 300000 also, sever has crashed.

Is there a way programmatically to close the open files, so that the threshold limit is not exceeded.

Please suggest as production servers also, we are facing same issue and it is very critical for us.

Thanks,
Sriveena
"Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited."

Re: Ignite -Option to close the open files

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't think that it's possible just to close files. How many caches do
you have?

Evgenii

вт, 21 апр. 2020 г. в 12:14, Sriveena Mattaparthi <