Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Maciek Sakrejda <ma...@heroku.com> on 2015/09/08 19:26:15 UTC

Replacing dead node and cassandra.replace_address

According to the docs [1], when replacing a Cassandra node, I should start
the replacement with cassandra.replace_address specified. Does that just
become part of the replacement node's startup configuration? Can I (or do I
have to) stop specifying it at some point? Does this affect subsequent node
restarts (whether intentional or due to a crash)?

I'm running Cassandra 2.1.

Thanks,
Maciek

[1]:
http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/operations/opsReplaceNode.html

Re: Replacing dead node and cassandra.replace_address

Posted by Vasileios Vlachos <va...@gmail.com>.
I think you should be able to see the streaming process by running nodetool
netstats. I also think system.log displays similar information about
stemming/when stemming is finished. Shouldn't the state of the node change
to UP when bootstrap is completed as well?

People, correct me if I'm wrong here...

Posted by Maciek Sakrejda <ma...@heroku.com>.

Posted by sai krishnam raju potturi <ps...@gmail.com>.