Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Fleming <jo...@wa9als.com> on 2006/08/27 02:58:16 UTC

Pse help stock spam

My server is getting more and more "stock spam" with an image and a few
paragraphs of bayes-obfuscating text.  I've been chasing them by either
learning them or increasing the score of SARE or other rules that hit.
Today I got several that didn't hit anything useful and were learned as ham:

 HTML_MESSAGE autolearn=ham version=3.0.3

What is the consensus advice regarding how to stop these?  Should I still be
learning them even with the obfuscating text?  Seems like that would be
creating tokens against lots of normal words??

(Obviously still a newbie here)

Thanks!  - John

Re: Pse help stock spam

Posted by John Fleming <jo...@wa9als.com>.
>> My server is getting more and more "stock spam" with an image and a few
>> paragraphs of bayes-obfuscating text.  I've been chasing them by either
>> learning them or increasing the score of SARE or other rules that hit.
>> Today I got several that didn't hit anything useful and were learned as
>> ham:

>> HTML_MESSAGE autolearn=ham version=3.0.3
>>
>> What is the consensus advice regarding how to stop these?  Should I still
>> be learning them even with the obfuscating text?  Seems like that would
>> be creating tokens against lots of normal words??
>
> FuzzyOcr helps. Search for it on the spamassassin wiki pages as a
> plugin. It's still in development, though.
>
> Another tool that helps some is the ImageInfo plugin that Dallas did.
> I'm not sure where its current incarnation exists.
>
> {^_^}

Thanks jdow and Mike!  All I needed for now was the SARE stock rules.
Somehow I had missed those!  The trash all went away with the SARE stock
rules addition, and I find them all in the spam bucket.

Thanks SA and developers/supporters!  - John

Re: Pse help stock spam

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "John Fleming" <jo...@wa9als.com>