Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dan Weisenstein <da...@tesoro.com> on 2004/07/12 18:50:21 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache won't start - ap_proxyerror

Hi. Running SuSE 9.1 and the Apache2 off the CD's. Whenever I try to
start Apache with either "apache2ctl start" or "/etc/init.d/apache2
start" I get the following error message:

Syntax error on line 26 of /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_proxy_connect.so into server:
/usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_proxy_connect.so: undefined symbol:
ap_proxyerror

I'ver removed and reinstalled every Apache related item twice and the
error remains. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks - Dan

Re: [users@httpd] Apache won't start - ap_proxyerror

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Milan Andric wrote:

> Dan Weisenstein wrote:
>
> > Hi. Running SuSE 9.1 and the Apache2 off the CD's. Whenever I try to
> > start Apache with either "apache2ctl start" or "/etc/init.d/apache2
> > start" I get the following error message:
> >
> > Syntax error on line 26 of /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf:
> > Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_proxy_connect.so into server:
> > /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_proxy_connect.so: undefined symbol:
> > ap_proxyerror

ap_proxyerror is implemented in proxy_util.c, which is part of mod_proxy.
You need to load mod_proxy.so before mod_proxy_connect.

--
Nick Kew

Re: [users@httpd] Apache won't start - ap_proxyerror

Posted by Milan Andric <ma...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
Dan Weisenstein wrote:

> Hi. Running SuSE 9.1 and the Apache2 off the CD's. Whenever I try to
> start Apache with either "apache2ctl start" or "/etc/init.d/apache2
> start" I get the following error message:
>
> Syntax error on line 26 of /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_proxy_connect.so into server:
> /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/mod_proxy_connect.so: undefined symbol:
> ap_proxyerror

Have you tried commenting out that module? If you don't need
mod_proxy_connect then try commenting it out, otherwise
you might need to find a new package since this one looks broken.
Definitely a SUSE specific problem though, you're probably
better off contacting the maintainer of the package or look for a
newer/fixed one.  Also check that you have all the dependency
packages installed? Sorry, I'm not that familiar with SUSE.

hope this helps,

--
Milan