Posted to builds@apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/10 03:14:53 UTC

Explicitly setting host name in /etc/hosts on Solaris slave(s)

Hi Builds@,

In both Nutch builds [0][1] we're currently experiencing a problem where
Hadoop related tests fail with the following Exception

> java.net.UnknownHostException: -s: -s

>From what I have gathered the "-s" output implies that some Linux-specific
script was run as root on your Solaris machine and did a "hostname -s",
which on Linux prints the short hostname, but on Solaris sets the current
hostname of the machine to "-s".
I've been advised that a reboot will clear up that problem (however I know
it is not possible for me to do this).
So the option is to ensure that the build machine's hostname is present in
the /etc/hosts file. As I cannot view the existing file, is there a
suggested way to do this via a shell script pre-build?

Thank you
Lewis

[0] https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Nutch/job/Nutch-nutchgora/
[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Nutch/job/Nutch-trunk/
--
*Lewis*

Re: Explicitly setting host name in /etc/hosts on Solaris slave(s)

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gav,

Thanks for the reply.
I'll give the builds a spin and see where we are.
Lewis

On Wednesday, January 9, 2013, Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.