Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by CB4 <cb...@akorri.com> on 2008/10/01 15:57:06 UTC

Configuring Embedded Broker with Spring/JBoss JMX issues

Spring 2.5.1
ActiveMQ 5.1.0
JBoss 4.2.1

I can not get the embedded broker configured using Spring context
configuration.  I've tried pretty much every permutation and parameter for
the broker but the result is always the same.  I am beginning to think there
is an issue with the way activemq registers its mbeans with the JBoss MBean
server.  I saw this in activemq 4.1.0 as well which is why I upgraded to
5.1.0.  But I still get the same result.  Any help is much appreciated, I've
been stuck on this for a couple of months.

Spring application context...

    <amq:broker start="true" brokerName="localhost" persistent="false"
useJmx="true">
        <amq:managementContext>
            <amq:managementContext createConnector="false" />
        </amq:managementContext>
    </amq:broker>

    <!-- JMS ConnectionFactory to use, configuring the embedded broker using
XML -->
    <amq:connectionFactory id="jmsFactory" brokerURL="vm://localhost">
    </amq:connectionFactory>

Starting JBoss I get (Note: Spring context is intiatilzed via a jboss
startup MBean)...

2008-10-01 09:29:31,059 ERROR main
[org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService] Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS
Message Broker. Reason: javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException:
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=localhost,Type=Broker already registered.
javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException:
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=localhost,Type=Broker already registered.
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.registry.BasicMBeanRegistry.add(BasicMBeanRegistry.java:761)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.registry.BasicMBeanRegistry.registerMBean(BasicMBeanRegistry.java:225)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)

Re: Configuring Embedded Broker with Spring/JBoss JMX issues

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Dejan Bosanac
<de...@ttmsolutions.com> wrote:
> If you are taking this route, you can try defining your broker
> configuration in a separate xml file and do something like
>
> BrokerService broker = BrokerFactory.createBroker(new
> URI("xbean:activemq.xml"));
> broker.start();
>
> it will be easier to configure it that way.

Use of the BrokerFactoryBean is also very easy with the activemq.xml:

BrokerFactoryBean brokerFactory = new BrokerFactoryBean(new
ClassPathResource("path/to/activemq.xml"));
brokerFactory.afterPropertiesSet();
BrokerService broker = brokerFactory.getBroker();

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: Configuring Embedded Broker with Spring/JBoss JMX issues

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@ttmsolutions.com>.
If you are taking this route, you can try defining your broker
configuration in a separate xml file and do something like

BrokerService broker = BrokerFactory.createBroker(new
URI("xbean:activemq.xml"));
broker.start();

it will be easier to configure it that way.

Cheers

--
Dejan Bosanac

http://www.ttmsolutions.com - get a free ActiveMQ user guide

Scripting in Java - http://www.scriptinginjava.net

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2008/10/1 James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>:
> 2008/10/1 CB4 <cb...@akorri.com>:
>>
>> I forgot to mention that if I omit the amq:broker element from my context
>> everything works just fine as the connectionFactory created the broker with
>> default behavior (using the vm URI).  However this won't do it for me as I
>> need to configure the broker with my own settings.
>
> So it looks like you're making 2 brokers. So just setup your ordering
> correctly so that you only make one broker - or force the VM transport
> to not create a broker.

Or maybe JBoss is instantiating or including the spring XML twice?

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Configuring Embedded Broker with Spring/JBoss JMX issues

Posted by CB4 <cb...@akorri.com>.
So I tried changing my connectionFactory to use the following URL

brokerURL="vm://localhost?create=false"

This did not solve my problem. Ordering does not seem to matter.  I get this
issue regardless of the ordering.

Re: Configuring Embedded Broker with Spring/JBoss JMX issues

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by CB4 <cb...@akorri.com>.
Here is the full stack trace:

[...]
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:133)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
        at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:142)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl$3.run(MBeanServerImpl.java:1422)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.registerMBean(MBeanServerImpl.java:1417)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.registerMBean(MBeanServerImpl.java:376)
        at
org.jboss.system.server.jmx.LazyMBeanServer.registerMBean(LazyMBeanServer.java:215)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createBroker(BrokerService.java:1554)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getBroker(BrokerService.java:540)
        at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:444)
        at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService.afterPropertiesSet(XBeanBrokerService.java:50)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1368)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1334)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:221)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:729)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:381)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:139)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:93)
        at
com.akorri.bp.context.ServicesContext.<clinit>(ServicesContext.java:137)
        at
com.akorri.bp.mbean.CollectionServiceMgmt.<clinit>(CollectionServiceMgmt.java:29)
Method)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.instantiate(MBeanServerImpl.java:1233)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.instantiate(MBeanServerImpl.java:286)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.createMBean(MBeanServerImpl.java:344)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator.install(ServiceCreator.java:157)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.internalInstall(ServiceConfigurator.java:449)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.install(ServiceConfigurator.java:171)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController.install(ServiceController.java:226)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor20.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
        at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
        at $Proxy4.install(Unknown Source)
        at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.create(SARDeployer.java:249)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:969)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:959)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:818)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:782)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor18.invoke(Unknown Source)
[...]
        at $Proxy9.deploy(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:421)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:634)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:263)
        at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner.startService(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:336)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:978)
        at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
        at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:417)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor9.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
        at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
        at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
        at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
        at $Proxy4.start(Unknown Source)
        at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.start(SARDeployer.java:302)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:1025)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:819)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:782)
        at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:766)
[...]
        at $Proxy5.deploy(Unknown Source)
        at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(ServerImpl.java:482)
        at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:362)
        at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:200)
        at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:508)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Re: Configuring Embedded Broker with Spring/JBoss JMX issues

Posted by CB4 <cb...@akorri.com>.
OK so I have narrowed this down to the amq:broker element behaves badly in
spring or in spring within JBoss.  I changed my broker name to localhost2.
Spring or JBoss appears to be registering this mbean twice.  Anybody have
any ideas on how to fix this?

    <amq:broker start="true" brokerName="localhost2" persistent="false"
useJmx="true">
        <amq:managementContext>
            <amq:managementContext createConnector="false" />
        </amq:managementContext>
    </amq:broker>

    <!-- JMS ConnectionFactory to use, configuring the embedded broker using
XML -->
    <amq:connectionFactory id="jmsFactory" brokerURL="vm://localhost">
    </amq:connectionFactory>

and the result...

Caused by: javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException:
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=localhost2,Type=Broker already registered.
[...]
        ... 106 more