Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Ming Lin <li...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/27 00:47:55 UTC

Mina KeepaliveFilter issue

Hi,

I am trying to apply KeepAliveFilter to my application when
sessionIdle calls, but I ran into a problem that scheduledWriteMessages in
IoSession keeps increasing when KeepAlive message is sent.

So, i debugged a little and found there might be a bug in the code, but I
need your help to see if my finding is correct.

in HeadFilter.filterWrite line 886, it increases the count of
scheduledWriteMessages. code below

 if (!writeRequest.isEncoded()) {

    s.increaseScheduledWriteMessages();

 }

if writeRequest is a keepAlive request and code above will be called but in
KeepAliveFilter.messageSent doesn't fire next filter's messageSent, thus
the scheduleWriteMessages will keep increasing until socket disconnected

Would like to know if this is a bug or misusing KeepAliveMessageFactory.
Thank you.

Re: Mina KeepaliveFilter issue

Posted by Jonathan Valliere <jo...@apache.org>.
Can you copy your KeepAliveFilter code to a pastebin?  I would like to look
at it.

Are you using the current version of Mina?  We had an issue relating the
IoSession backlog a while back DIRMINA-1057 which makes sure that the
counters are working correctly.