Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Andrew Wetmore <an...@apache.org> on 2021/07/15 16:52:23 UTC

Migrating the Nutch website off the Apache CMS

Hi, friends:

The time is almost upon us when the Apache CMS will no longer be available.
When that happens, your project website will still be there in its current
state, but you will not be able to update it.

Where do things stand with your move to Hugo, or to some other technology
for building and maintaining the site?

Thanks.

Andrew

--
Andrew Wetmore
Technical Writer-Editor

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: Migrating the Nutch website off the Apache CMS

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Andrew,

thanks for the reminder!

 > Where do things stand with your move to Hugo

Nothing happened since Sept 2020.

@ Shashanka Balakuntala : Or is there any work done but not yet committed?

 > The time is almost upon us

What does this actually mean?  The initial deadline "within the next few weeks"
has turned into more than a year.  As the migration may take a couple of days
work, a more concrete date would help us to plan the work and to find somebody
who takes over.

 > you will not be able to update it.

Yes, we are aware of this.  We will then be unable to communicate a release
(even a security fix) - a situation we definitely want to avoid.

In doubt, any progress should be visible on
or the new Nutch site repository
   https://github.com/apache/nutch-site
   https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=nutch-site.git

Best,