Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Markus Strauß <ma...@klt-ag.de> on 2002/03/22 10:15:49 UTC

extended user would not save

so far I succeeded in extending the Turbine_User by another column. If I
add an user via the database, all would look fine, the new column is
displayed with the correct value in the user-browser screen. But what I
would like to do is to enable User Creation for the admin screen as well
with the new column. So what I tried was to change the UserUpdateAction
and casting the "normal" user to my extended one. but this does not work
properly, i.e. i can still only create a "normal" user without my new
column. Where do I have to do changes? Or does the additional column
have to be treated in the new UserUpdateAction?
Please help me here - I am a little confused.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards

Markus Strauß
Softwareentwickler
Krusche Lagertechnik AG
Schrannenplatz 6
85435 Erding
Tel.: 08122/18796-21
Fax.: 08122/18796-50
markus.strauss@klt-ag.de

Re: extended user would not save

Posted by "David G. Powers" <je...@pssp.com>.

Re: extended user would not save

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

--- Markus_Strau� <ma...@klt-ag.de> wrote:
> so far I succeeded in extending the Turbine_User by another column.
> If I
> add an user via the database, all would look fine, the new column
> is
> displayed with the correct value in the user-browser screen.

So - I guess you have changed the template for the user-browser
screen to show your new column?

> But what I
> would like to do is to enable User Creation for the admin screen as
> well
> with the new column. So what I tried was to change the
> UserUpdateAction
> and casting the "normal" user to my extended one. but this does not
> work
> properly, i.e. i can still only create a "normal" user without my
> new
> column. Where do I have to do changes? Or does the additional
> column
> have to be treated in the new UserUpdateAction?
> Please help me here - I am a little confused.

Have you changed the TR.properties file to refer to your user class?
This defines what User objects are to be created.

The standard UserUpdateAction will then create your objects -
obviously with the default setting for your new column.  If you
override it, you can do more - eg change the template to include your
column and populate it into the User object.

HTH,
Chris

=====
http://www.soccer2002.org.uk - join in and win CA$H!