Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by 杨海乐 <ya...@letv.com> on 2016/07/17 13:16:11 UTC

how to update kylin from 1.1.1 to kylin1.5.2

   We realize that the new Kylin version brings great performance
improvement.So we decide to update our old kylin. I have read the doc about
kylin  upgrade. In some step,I feel puzzled.
   1. Kylin 1.5.1 is not backward compatible in terms of metadata ( in
upgrade doc ).But I see Kylin1.5.0's release announcement : This version is
not backward compatible. The format of cube and metadata has been refactored
in order to get times of performance improvement. We recommend this version,
but does not suggest upgrade from previous deployment directly. Is kylin
metadata changed twice in the two versions ?
   2. If I upgrade Kylin1.1.1 to Kylin1.5.1, In hybrid model Old cube
segments built in kylin1.1.1 will still be built(only fresh) in old build
engine and have their old cube metadata,new segments of old cubes can use
all functions of new version. Is there anything wrong ?

Re: how to update kylin from 1.1.1 to kylin1.5.2

Posted by 杨海乐 <ya...@letv.com>.
   Thx,In the old kylin server some cube is very large. If I upgrade kylin
with throwing away these cubes,It will take long time to build. I build a
mini cluster to test my steps. ,thinks for your help.

Re: how to update kylin from 1.1.1 to kylin1.5.2

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
The easiest way out is rebuild your cube using v1.5

If you really want to go the tough path, you can upgrade to v1.3 first,
then upgrade to 1.5 using hybrid to keep the old cubes in old engine and
concatenate copies of the old cubes that runs new engine.

Good luck!
Yang