Posted to user@struts.apache.org by BA...@lgcommerznow.com on 2001/03/06 17:24:51 UTC

WLS5.1/SP8 Problem defining JSP class

I have successfully implemented the struts example on Apache/Tomcat but not
able to the same on WebLogic 5.1. I am getting the error:
Problem defining JSP class
java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic..servlet.jsp.OneOffJspLoader.<init><JspStub.java:420>

PS. I have applied the fix published in the mailing list for WLS5.1/SP8

Any help would be appreciated

Re: WLS5.1/SP8 Problem defining JSP class

Posted by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de>.
> I have successfully implemented the struts example on Apache/Tomcat but not
> able to the same on WebLogic 5.1. I am getting the error:
> Problem defining JSP class
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at weblogic..servlet.jsp.OneOffJspLoader.<init><JspStub.java:420>

Looks like a classpath problem. Anyway, a full stack trace would be helpful
to track your problem down to it's cause.

Hopefully installing the fix becomes obsolete with SP9. SP9 should be
out real soon now. If(!) you've installed Struts in the correct place
and have configured your classpaths correctly, you should probably wait
until SP9 is officially released.

Matthias                        (mailto:make@BESToffers.de)

> PS. I have applied the fix published in the mailing list for WLS5.1/SP8

PS: The fix leaves (at least) two bugs open, one leading to trouble with
    the <html:html> tag and another one, that disables the use of
    empty <auth-constraint> elements in web-application (DDs).