Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Kor de Jong <k....@geog.uu.nl> on 2000/07/11 13:12:20 UTC

Xerces-C on Win32/BCB5

Hi,
I've created an import lib and dll of xerces 1.2.0 using Borland
C++ Builder 5. Here are my porting notes in case anyone is
interested:

 2. Convert VC project file to Borland project file using vctobpru
command.
 3. Make the folowing edits (while building the project).

      ./src/util/Compilers/VCPPDefs.hpp
      Change 'typedef unsigned short XMLCh' to 'typedef wchar_t XMLCh'.

      ./src/dom/AttrNSImpl.cpp
      Change ( ) ? : statement in if then else statement.

      ./src/dom/ElementImpl.cpp
      Change ( ) ? : statements in if then else statements.

      ./src/dom/ElementNSImpl.cpp
      Change ( ) ? : statement in if then else statement.

      ./src/util/Compilers/VCPPDefs.hpp
      Change typedef unsigned int short XMLCh to typedef wchar_t XMLCh.

      ./src/util/Platforms/Win32/Win32PlatformUtils.cpp
      r. 732. Add && 0 to #if defined(_MSC_VER).
      Change call to InterlockedCompareExchange to:
       return (long*)::InterlockedCompareExchange
       (
        (long*)toFill
         , (long)newValue
         , (long)toCompare
       );

      ./src/util/Transcoders/Win32/Win32TransService.cpp
      Add _ to calls to wcsupr that don't have them.

      ./src/util/XMLString.cpp
      Add std:: to calls to stricmp and strncmp.

  4. You probably have to edit the path where Borland wants to put the
libraries
     (lib + dll).

That did it for me,
Kor