Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by vasasree <kb...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/07 18:28:45 UTC

DeploymentException in Jetspeed(IllegalArguementException : WEB-INF/web.xml)

Hi

I am trying to deploy a sample portlet (.war ) in to jetspeed...
I did everything according to the document.

It is throwing following exception ..

ERROR: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WEB-INF/web.xml

But in the webpage it is showing an error message

"  Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for WebReport::webreport "

Can anybody help me in finding out the resolution...

Thanks in advance
--kbr

The stacktrace of Exception is follows....

ERROR: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WEB-INF/web.xml
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.DeploymentException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentExc
eption: WEB-INF/web.xml
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.dep
loyPortletApplication(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:224)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.inv
okeDeploy(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:209)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.dispatc
h(StandardDeploymentManager.java:264)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.deploy(
StandardDeploymentManager.java:178)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager.fireDep
loymentEvent(StandardDeploymentManager.java:209)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.StandardDeploymentManager$FileSys
temScanner.run(StandardDeploymentManager.java:357)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WEB-INF/web.xml
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.deploy.JetspeedDeploy.<init>(JetspeedDeploy
.java:164)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.deploy.JetspeedDeploy.<init>(JetspeedDeploy
.java:88)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.dep
loyPortletApplication(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:219)
        ... 5 more
ERROR: Failure deploying
C:\Apache\Jetspeed-2.1.2\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\deplo
y\WebReport.war

Re: DeploymentException in Jetspeed(IllegalArguementException : WEB-INF/web.xml)

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Aug 7, 2007, at 9:28 AM, vasasree wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to deploy a sample portlet (.war ) in to jetspeed...
> I did everything according to the document.
>
> It is throwing following exception ..
>
> ERROR: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WEB-INF/web.xml
>
> But in the webpage it is showing an error message
>
> "  Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for WebReport::webreport "
>
> Can anybody help me in finding out the resolution...
>
> Thanks in advance
> --kbr
>

> The stacktrace of Exception is follows....
>
> ERROR: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WEB-INF/web.xml
> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.DeploymentException:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentExc
> eption: WEB-INF/web.xml
>         at
Looks like there is a problem parsing the web.xml or the web.xml does
not exist:

             if (webXml == null)
             {
                 throw new IllegalArgumentException("WEB-INF/web.xml");
             }

Make sure you have a web.xml, if its there, send it to the list
inline so that we can review it for possible errrors

RE: DeploymentException in Jetspeed(IllegalArguementException : WEB-INF/web.xml)

Posted by vasasree <kb...@gmail.com>.
mkr,

Thanks...for ur reply..

I resolved it..it was a spelling mistake...in webapp

--kbr

Posted by "Sugarman, Duke" <Du...@FMR.COM>.
I am getting the same error.  Could someone outline the specific steps
they use for a manual portlet WAR deployment?

Thanks

Posted by Mohan K <km...@gmail.com>.