Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Michael Ji <fj...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/15 00:54:29 UTC

turn on Log

hi there,

I saw several Log to debug the code, such as
LOG.fine and LOG.warning;

I wonder if the debugging text is output a particular
log file. If so, which command that I could use to
turn it on?

thanks,

Michael Ji

__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail

Re: [Nutch-dev] turn on Log

Posted by Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>.
Michael:

On Aug 14, 2005, at 3:54 PM, Michael Ji wrote:

> I saw several Log to debug the code, such as
> LOG.fine and LOG.warning;
>
> I wonder if the debugging text is output a particular
> log file. If so, which command that I could use to
> turn it on?
Though nutch uses the Jakarta commons logging system, configuration
is handled by the underlying logging system. On JDK 1.4,
java.util.logging is said logging system.  A sample configuration
file is provided in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/logging.properties.
Cheers,
Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>