Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Thavutam, Prashanth" <1t...@toysrus.com> on 2005/06/03 15:32:50 UTC

Jetspeed 1.5 holding Oracle connections

We recently have gone to production with Jetspeed 1.5 using Oracle(8.x)
database. After 2 days in production, DBA complained about application
holding Oracle connections.  There are more than 150 open connections to the
database.

When I checked the custom properties file, I saw below entries missing.
These properties are there in Torque.properties, but Torque.properties is
not included in the custom properties. So, we have added these properties in
to custom properties:

torque.database.default=default
torque.database.default.adapter=oracle
torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataSourc
eFactory

# The number of database connections to cache per ConnectionPool instance
(specified per database)
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10

I also noticed that the application has classes111.zip in the classpath
instead of classes12.zip.

Does any of these affect the number of connections?.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Prashanth

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may
of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, send
an email to EmailAdmin@toysrus.com.
Toys "R" Us, Inc.