Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com> on 2012/11/20 20:04:20 UTC

Component Behaviors and Injection

Please do not be alarmed at the subject.

I just wanted to share code from around 2007-2008 I did which has some
examples and docs on an injectable framework prototype of
Model/Behaviors I worked on years ago when Flex 3 was getting to be a
pain.

Honestly, I know I put a huge amount of lost time into that project
but from what I remember it had some interesting ideas. I'm sure a
huge amount of it was overkill but, decorated behaviors with public
API interfaces always fascinated me to the point of writing it.

This is only reason I am posting the link; [0]

to the project is to maybe stir some conversations about behaviors.
Other than that I haven't even looked at that code probably since
2009. :)

Mike

- [0] http://code.google.com/p/tkarchitecture/source/browse/trunk/--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com
http://blog.teotigraphix.com

Re: Component Behaviors and Injection

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.
It was based of another opensource idea by Ben Stucki. (Reflex)

Those were the days of trying to fix the framework we knew was messed
up but, as in opensource, nothing ever stuck because at the time I
think Adobe wasn't even opensource, not that Flex was really ever
opensource.

The injection was handled by metadata reflection and MetaData tags. I
think it used some managers and a lot of composition and interfaces.

I know I went beyond crazy be abstracting models as well. It tied in
skins as well, it was when Flex 4 Spark was on the plate.

Mike

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.
Heh, ... And reading some of my text I wrote 5 years ago makes me
think of really bad highschool photos that your kids laugh at, sorry
about that. :)

BTW, non of the links to my site work since I killed that subdomain
long ago, this just happened to still be on googlecode, and I
remembered it when reading someone else talk about this the other day.

Mike

Posted by Michael Schmalle <mi...@teotigraphix.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.