Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com> on 2004/10/15 12:59:08 UTC

Bug: property diff on a directory named explicitly

Diff of a property change or addition should contain a "+" line.
Diff of a property change or deletion should contain a "-" line.
On a diff between repository revisions (not WC) of a dir named
explicitly, the "-" line is missing.  (For a file, and for a dir
recursed into, the result is correct.)

Here is an example of the effect:

~/tmp/sandbox> svn diff -r104:105

Property changes on: dir
Name: prop
    - oldval
    + newval

~/tmp/sandbox> svn diff -r104:105 dir

Property changes on: dir
Name: prop
    + newval

The only relevant issue that I can find is #1493: "Property Diffs Should
Use libsvn_diff".

I have attached a test for this which I propose to check in first as XFAIL.

Then we can see about fixing it.

- Julian

Re: Bug: property diff on a directory named explicitly

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
Julian Foad wrote:
> On a diff between repository revisions (not WC) of a dir named
> explicitly, the "-" line is missing.
[...]
> I have attached a test for this which I propose to check in first as XFAIL.

I checked in the test in r11570.

I tried to track down the cause of this in GDB, but got lost.

- Julian