Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Roman Seidl <rs...@pvl.at> on 2000/02/16 18:36:57 UTC

sorry

Hello cocoon-users,

  im really sorry about the last two messages concerning session status
  - i keep confusing terms - heres a corrected version that should
  finally be somehow understandable

---------

the only thing im still thinking about is how to use some simmilar mechanism
in a processor - as i dont want to put big amounts of buisness logic
into a producer - id rather like to hide the buisness logic in a
processor because then id have some kind of universal xml interface not
bound to use servlet technology

i think ill have to implement a persistent session object for a
processor myself - maybe there's someone else who would like this idea?

mfg
Roman Seidl

Roman Seidl                                    Design & Developement
Public Voice Lab                        Operngasse 24, A-1040 Vienna
Tel.: +43-1-585 22 80/23                    Fax:  +43-1-585 22 80/99
e-mail: rse@pvl.at                                   web: www.pvl.at

Re: Re[2]: sorry

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
Roman Seidl wrote:

> I know. I want to rely on servlet technology regarding wap or http -
> but there might be more - well maybe you are right - maybe my ambition
> to use as much abstraction as possible is a bit too much.
>
> I have an existing groupware application that provides several services
> like workspaces, email, user rights, voting etc. . The core is acessed
> via corba - you just create a user session and ask for the information
> you want or call a function. I have been thinking of using xml for
> a month now and im still not sure what design approach to use. using
> cocoon still seems like a good idea to me - but theres several
> problems concerning cocoon:
> - i have to have a persistent session (no problem in a producer but im
> not sure wether i want to use a producer for the buisness logic)
> - i have to serve binary data like files uploaded by users, voice
> messages or bitmaps
Well, Cocoon v2 I think will have more abstraction away from just servlets.
I haven't looked at the source yet but this may be more along the lines of
what you're looking for although Cocoon 2 is still a ways off.

I'm not sure how Cocoon handles binary data

Mike

Re[2]: sorry

Posted by Roman Seidl <rs...@pvl.at>.
Hello Mike,