Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by mo...@factset.com on 2002/01/30 21:33:21 UTC

Content Handler

I'm trying to use the ContentHandler interface in an application to
generate SAX2 events instead of handling them.  I.e., within my code, I
have function that takes a pointer to a ContentHandler interface and then
calls methods on the interface as necessary to generate SAX2 like events
based based on its internal data structures.

Generally, when one writes a content handler it is handed off to the
SAX2XMLReader which calls the functions as it parses the XML.  In this
case, when startElement is called, the Attributes interface will already
have been implemented and populated by the parser or some other agent
acting on behalf of the parser.  However, if one is trying to use the
ContentHandler to generate SAX events, one has to instantiated an instance
of the Attributes interface and populate it prior to calling startElement.

My question is what, if any, implementations of the Attributes interface
are available to me as a generator of SAX2 events and where is the
documentation on those implementations?

Marcus C. Oladell
Software Engineer
Factset Research Systems