Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> on 2015/04/12 22:23:22 UTC

Help! Slide template fixup needed!

So I migrated everything to Nick's pretty Austin template, and didn't
realize all the transitions were in there.  Is there any AOO Impress
export out there who's willing to fixup my slides tonight?  (I speak
right after lunch tomorrow).

All I need are simple template/text box fixes for all the normal slides
- most of the deck is just simple bullets with a few obvious section
heading slides in between.

- Ensure there are *no* transitions on any text slides. When a slide
appears, the text block should appear.

- Ensure the 2 title slides and each the section heading slides actually
have the text appear in slideshow mode - the slide looks fine except
when I'm presenting, and then the section headers have no text actually
appearing.

- Leave the two weird slides - with no background - alone.  You'll know
then if you look.

Deck:

https://people.apache.org/~curcuru/slides/KeepApacheProjectIndependence-SCurcuru-ApacheConAustin-R.odp

Thanks in advance. Yes, I should learn how to script updating the text
blocks in AOO to fix this myself, but life has been too crazy lately
with some serious extended family health issues.

- Shane

Re: Help! Slide template fixup needed!

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
Jean-Frederic ran into the same problem as well, and suggested a fix:

Simply take each slide, cut the text block of bullets, and then paste
back into the slide. Save, and run thru slide show.

This worked for me - both for the section break slides as well as the
main text slides, this removes the transition and also makes the section
breaks appear.

Nick's alternate suggestion is to simply export the preso to PDF, and
then run through the PDF to do it.

Separately, here's hoping that it looks ok on the different projectors
- reportedly session rooms default to 4:3 format.

- Shane