Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/08 18:52:36 UTC

If I modify the user object via the administrative console, will this cause issues when upgrading Jetspeed?

--

Thanks

DJ MICK
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson

Re: If I modify the user object via the administrative console, will this cause issues when upgrading Jetspeed?

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the response, and very sorry about the mail format. Understood.

I am going through an exauhstive, and tiring effort to figure out what
portal server to go with, and I am at my witz end with it. Too many options,
and sifting through everything is a nightmare.

Seems tht Liferay and Jetspeed are my last 2 options...

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Mick Knutson wrote:
> So that is not currently implemented?

The data migration features haven't been required yet, since 2.0 is the
first version. The data migration features will be provided in 2.1 to
help those migrating from one version to another. So it doesn't really
apply to your case

> My biggest requirement for a portal server is the ability to customize the
> user for a subscription based system.
>
> I have Music artists, and listeners. Artists will buy and sell music, and
> listeners will just be buying (not selling).

Take a look at the Portlet API's User Attributes feature
Its a pretty dynamic way to add customized attributes to users
Jetspeed supports the Portlet API, in fact we allow for multiple
providers of user attributes, so you could have user attributes coming
from say LDAP and a relational database, or provided under the portlet
api interfaces

Re: If I modify the user object via the administrative console, will this cause issues when upgrading Jetspeed?

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.